dilluns, 22 d’octubre del 2012

PAST TENSES: SIMPLE, CONTINUOUS, PERFECT


Click here to revise the past tenses. 
  • Past simple is used to talk about an action started and finished at a specific time in the past.
  • Past continuous is used to talk about: actions or situations that lasted for some time in the past. Example: I was watching tv yesterday in the evening.
It is also used when an action in progress is interrupted by another action in the past.

Example: I was having a shower when someone knocked at the door.


Moreover, it is used when two actions are in progress at the same time in the past. Example: While I was watching tv, my sister was reading a book.

  • Past perfectit is used to emphasize that one action in the past happened before another action in the past.
example: I had finished my homework before I went playing football.

click here for more exercises.